Question: What do following people all have in common?
- David Harkness, Vice President & CIO, PNM Resources
- Jim Jones, Vice President & CIO, GR Energy
- Donna LeClair, Chief Technology Officer, B.C. Hydro
- Michael Oldak, Senior Director, State Competitive & Regulatory Policies, Edison Electric Institute
- Mahvash Yazdi, Senior VP Business Integration and CIO, SCE
Answer: They will be addressing over 600 attendees at the Metering, Billing/CIS America 2008 conference keynote session in San Diego on April 21, 2008.
This industry elite-panel will tell attendees why today’s smart utility executives are concerned about the utility landscape of tomorrow and why they are taking AMI and smart metering decisions to the boardroom. They will also demonstrate how their utilities’ business models and business cases have enabled them to justify ROI and fund investments in AMI, smart grid, billing and CRM infrastructures and how these will impact on their organizations’ processes.
Metering International magazine’s 9th annual Metering, Billing/CIS America will capture the stories behind the increasing complexities involved in the customer-end technology sector. The event is designed specifically for utility professionals to learn from their peers how to approach process improvements, solution integration and vendor partnerships as a means to improve the metering, billing and customer management function, while providing direction for the future. The event also allows for ample opportunities to network and for informal discussion.
The multi-track program enables attendees to match their information and learning needs with sessions dedicated to:
Regulatory issues (WHY?), Transitory issues (HOW?) and Case studies (What’s now); and gain a glimpse into what is coming in The future (What’s next?) and learn how to piece it all together.
- Water track: A dedicated track identifying key issues relating to water AMR/AMI implementation and enabling you to engage with peers experiencing mutual concerns.
- Smart sessions: Each of the “Smart Sessions” at Metering, Billing/CIS America 2008 will place a key issue under the spotlight for detailed analysis and interactive discussion. A chosen selection of high profile professionals from an array of utilities, vendors, consultants and other authorities in the metering field will be seated at roundtables during this breakfast session. This will allow for the opportunity to communicate directly with one another, and to discuss corresponding issues in an attempt to find solutions to familiar problems. During the session, the session leader will give a presentation, introduce the relevant subject matter and pose a series of scenarios or questions to the audience. Following that, each group is given an allotted time to discuss the issues and to propose solutions. Afterwards, an elected spokesperson from each roundtable will give a short report on his/her group’s debate.
- Pre-conference and post-conference workshops and training:
Home Area Networks (HAN) pre-conference seminar
AMI Star Wars: Featuring issues around cyber security and data privacy
MDM America: post –conference workshop
ZigBee Alliance: post-conference workshop: This workshop will explore all aspects of ZigBee: the ZigBee Alliance, ZigBee Technology and ZigBee members’ efforts to build products using the ZigBee Smart Energy public application profile.
- Exhibition featuring the products and services on offer to the customer-end technology sector as well as a showcase of sponsors who will demonstrate their latest technologies including: ista North America, Echelon, Elster, Oracle, Trilliant, Aclara, Certicom, MeterSmart and Sensus Metering.
Whether you are an industry veteran or a newcomer to this exciting field, piece it all together and make sure you are in San Diego in April 2008!