Steve MacDonald, manager of meter technologies at Toronto Hydro, will join in on the closing day panel at Smart Metering Canada to discuss the future of smart metering.
Toronto Hydro boasts the largest true two-way AMI system in the world bringing back hourly interval data daily from all points. This is an indication of the utility’s out-and-out commitment to meeting the goals set by the Ontario government’s Smart Metering Initiative.
Metering International magazine presents the 3rd annual Smart Metering Canada Conference at the Westin Prince, Toronto, from February 25-27, 2008.
The event will provide the ideal executive platform to interact with key government representatives and industry level peers. This exclusive forum offers the opportunity to review the current state of leading projects, to share insight on how to resolve anticipated operational challenges and to debate the real future of smart metering in Canada.
Other program highlights include:
- The impact, clear advantages and imminent challenges to smart metering
- The strategic evolution of information systems in the era of MDM
- How utilities chose complimentary technologies
- Making the most of demand response on smart networks
- Smart metering for the environment
- Understanding and meeting the needs of the customer
- Separately bookable pre-conference seminar: Home Area Networks (HAN) – an MBA workshop for the executive. Find out more about this extension of AMI. Hear from the experts how standards and practices are identified to enable information exchange between the utility and consumer networks. Witness first-hand how home entertainment applications will be a more significant driver in the evolution of HAN than energy management and how HANs will lead to a more modern intelligent grid in the future.
Have a look at our website for updates: www.metering.com/canada
Do not miss the opportunity to sign up now as a delegate. For more information, contact Ryan Matthews on +27 21 700 3535 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org