The potential of smart metering and the commercial opportunities for utilities are immense. With the emerging smart metering technologies, valuable consumption data becomes available.
However, it is yet unclear how to effectively use the data beyond billing and network management. Hot topics remain the choice of suitable interfaces and data representation approaches to induce sustainable behavioral change, the integration of novel energy"aware devices in the emerging infrastructure, and the development of privacy protection methods.
Your business case to attend
At Metering, Billing/CRM Europe 2009 exclusive in-depth case study presentations will enable you to:
- Debate the impact of regulation on your business case for smart metering
- Find out if full smart meter deployment by 2022 is ambitious or reality
- Learn how smart metering impacts on creating a smart, secure infrastructure for the 21st century
- Gain insight into how utilities can optimise business performance by implementing smart meters
- Obtain awareness of how smart meter implementation can benefit climate change
- Understand how customers are going to accept smart operating appliances in their homes
- Gain knowledge about how smart payments and future proof billing are going to energize your business
- Meet with key utility leaders, regulators, consultants, vendors and related associations
Senior expert speakers from world’s leading utilities present unique business intelligence which means you can explore, review, plan and conceptualize your future smart metering strategies.
We are proud to announce that the following speakers have confirmed to present their cases:
- The EU OPEN meter project
Nicolas Arcauz, Project Coordinator, Iberdrola, Spain and Gisele Widdershoven, OPEN meter Technical Coordinator, KEMA Consulting, The Netherlands
- Smart metering and climate change – is it working in practice?
Dr Tom Osterhus, Director of Analytics - Duke Energy and President - Sageview, USA
- Amsterdam Smart City – a customer driven innovation
Maikel van Verseveld, Partner, Resources – Utilities, Accenture, The Netherlands and Ger Baron, Senior Project Manager, AIM Amsterdamse Innovatie Motor, The Netherlands
- PG&E's Smart Meter programme - insights from the largest AMI deployment in the United States
Jim Meadows, Director Smart Metering Projects, PG&E, USA
- Roll-out Strategy for ERDF’s Linky Project
Christine Saincy, Chef de Department Deployment AMM, ERDF, France
- Smart metering as enabler for home automation and customer interaction
Andreas Berthold-van der Molen, EMEA Industry Manager, Power & Utility Industries, Microsoft Deutschland GmbH, Germany
- Endesa’s roll-out of smart metering for over 11 million domestic customers
Robert Denda, AMM Project Coordinator, Endesa Distribución Eléctrica, Spain
Click here for more information on the Billing and CRM sessions or to view the full Metering, Billing/CRM Europe 2009 conference agenda