This is the last opportunity to register for the Smart Metering East Coast conference in Washington DC from November 7-9, 2007. The event will highlight the latest technologies currently being implemented in the rollout of smart metering in the U.S.
The full program brochure is available on our website www.metering.com/eastcoast. If you register now and quote reference MI1 in the Sales ID block, you can attend the exciting workshops on a complimentary basis and be part of the utilities smart metering landscape!
Venture Capital/Investment in metering and smart metering
As smart meter markets take off worldwide, metering, data communications, demand response and meter data management companies have all become active targets of investor interest. Questions that will be addressed include:
- What are investors looking for and what technologies and geographies are they initially expecting to see adopted?
- Where are companies seeing early commercial success and what obstacles are there to achieving outstanding investment returns?
- What can we expect by way of IPOs or acquisitions in the industry in the future?
Home Area Networks
Erich Gunther, Chairman and Chief Technology Officer, EnerNex Corporation, will be coordinating this workshop, which will examine the critical role of AMI in this rapidly developing technology.
Areas that will be covered include:
- The standards and practices necessary to enable information exchange
- Identifying the information to be exchanged
- The types of devices that can utilize and act on the information
- Best practices necessary to ensure interoperability
- Policies and architecture for security and privacy
… and much more
The two-day conference includes speakers who are experts in their respective fields. We are pleased to welcome:
- Rick Morgan, Commissioner, DC Public Service Commission, DC
- Eric Ackerman, Senior Manager, Regulatory Policy, Edison Electric Institute, DC
- Dan Delurey, Executive Director, Demand Response & Advanced Metering Coalition, DC
- Joy Zimberlin, Regulatory Specialist, New York Independent System Operator, NY
- Michael Angemeer, President and Chief Executive4 Officer, Veridian Corporation, ON, Canada
- Howard Porter, Managing Director, ESMIG (European Smart Metering Industry Group), London, UK
… and many more experts
Hear about the technology drivers for the smart utility, in a technology update from some of the leaders in the field:
- Oracle Utilities
- SilverSpring Networks
- Trilliant Networks
- TWACS by DCSI.
For more information, contact Teresa Botha: email@example.com or phone: 888 559 8017 (US) or +27 21 700 3500 (international).