Smart Meter deployment continued at a rapid pace in Canada in 2009, thanks to regulatory requirements. But smart meters are only one piece in the smart grid puzzle.
Spintelligent’s Smart Energy Canada and Water Meter Summit in Toronto on January 31 – 2 February looks at the whole picture through 3 days of interactive panels, workshops and presentations designed to give you the tools necessary to make real savings in your business in 2010 and beyond by understanding and utilising the power of smart grid technology.
Smart Energy Canada looks beyond the smart meter rollout and asks:
- What’s next for the smart grid? Is there a roadmap?
- Beyond TOU billing: How can you leverage your meter data to improve customer service and operations?
- Every major car manufacturer has a plug-in car on the market or in development. 1 in 5 cars will be electric within this decade – how do you prepare for that?
- Distributed generation: how to withstand the uncertainties of integrating distributed generation that is set to pick up following the introduction of the FIT.
- Software solutions: making the link from utility to smart grid.
- Michael Angemeer, CEO Veridian
- Nipa Chakravarti, VP, Customer Service, FortisAlberta
- Paul Ferguson, CEO, Newmarket Hydro
- Norm Fraser, COO, Hydro Ottawa
- Jim Hogan, CEO, Chatham-Kent Energy
- Frank Lasowski, CEO, Milton Hydro
- John Loucks, COO Brantford Hydro and Chair, EDA
- Art Skidmore, CEO Halton Hills Hydro
- Gerry Smallegange, CEO, Burlington Hydro
- Tomas Arnewid, AMI project leader, Göteborg Energi, Sweden
- Mike Rowand, Vice President, Advanced Customer Technologies, Duke Energy, USA
- Jan Carr, former CEO of the Ontario Power Authority
- Mark Duvall, Director of the Electric Transportation Project, EPRI
- Howard Porter, MD, European Smart Metering Industry Group, UK
- Eli Turk, Vice President, Canadian Electricity Association
- John Wambaugh, Principal, Z2 Solutions
- Guerry Waters, VP Industry Strategy, Oracle Utilities, USA
- Bob Heile, Chairman, Zigbee Alliance, USA
- Ron Zimmer, President and CEO, Continental Automated Buildings Association
- Lawrence Jones, Head of Strategy, Areva T&D
There’s only three weeks left to register. Download the full program here.
And click here to register
Interested in sponsoring a booth at the exhibition or a session during the conference? Call Gerald Schreiner on +27 21 700 3509 or email Gerald.firstname.lastname@example.org