Pepco Holdings shares ideas on AMI implementation and the smart grid
Pepco Holdings has had plans to implement an AMI solution as an integral component of its Blueprint for the Future, a proposal for investing in technologies and initiatives that will help their electric utility customers manage their energy more effectively, thus reducing the total cost of energy and protect the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions. The initiative will also assist customers by identifying and resolving outages more quickly, improving system reliability, and facilitating programs that help customers save energy.
This “vision of the future” will encompass the exchange of old electromechanical meters to sophisticated digital models. And although this will take several years to complete, the improvement in services and additional programs will be vast. Forming the right partnerships along this journey is paramount to its success. Dale Gant, Pepco’s manager of meter services, will cover some technical aspects of the project, as well as the importance of working with the right team in navigating the road ahead.
Dale Gant serves as Manager of Meter Services at Pepco Holdings, Inc. Dale is also project sponsor for PHI’s Advanced Metering Infrastructure – responsible for recommending and installing an AMI solution to replace all 2.1 million PHI electric and gas meters. Dale has a degree in Electrical Engineering, and is certified in Six Sigma and Project Management. Dale has 21 years of experience in the electric utility industry, involving Substation, Relay, Communications, and Metering.
Take this opportunity to gain a better understanding of this monumental project, only at Smart Metering East Coast.
Apart from great speakers, Smart Metering East Coast 2008 will help you to:
- Discuss the new regulatory frameworks detailing future energy demands.
- Learn how vendor interoperability will mark the future of the smart grid.
- Uncover the new standards shaping the metering industry in the region.
- Explore the synergies between AMI and the smart grid.
- Hear about the latest developments in communication technology for the smart grid.
- Attain further insight into the ROI of the solutions and technologies presented.
- Gain awareness of how AMI can play a key role in energy loss management, predictive maintenance, outage management and improved operational efficiency.
- Discover the value of metering data and how it can be leveraged.
- Hear about the strategies to improve customer service through the use of advanced technologies.
- Get answers from the industry’s principal manufacturers.
- Find out what new technologies are being deployed by leading technology providers.
Smart Metering East Coast 2008 promises a stellar lineup of the industry’s smartest speakers. Our attendees can expect noteworthy case studies from across the region, supplemented by regulatory summaries and prominent presentations from utility leaders.
For more information or for speaking opportunities, please contact Ryan Matthews firstname.lastname@example.org
Smart Metering East Coast – October 27–28, 2008 – Raleigh, NC