Bruce Campbell, vice president, corporate relations and market development from the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) will be speaking at Smart Metering Canada 2008 and will present an overview of the power industry in Ontario and the continuing role the IESO has to play.
Recently, the IESO was appointed by the Ministry of Energy as the program coordinator for the government's Smart Metering Initiative. In this role, the IESO will coordinate the establishment of the metering infrastructure in cooperation with the province's 90-plus local distribution companies. When the program is fully implemented, the IESO will collect and process data from over 4.5 million meters province-wide.
Metering International magazine’s 3rd annual Smart Metering Canada conference taking place from February 25-27, 2008 at The Westin Prince, Toronto, will provide the ideal executive platform to interact with key government representatives and industry level peers. This exclusive forum offers the opportunity to review the current state of leading projects, to share insight on how to resolve anticipated operational challenges and to debate the real future of smart metering in Canada.
Other program highlights include:
- The impact, clear advantages and imminent challenges to smart metering
- The strategic evolution of information systems in the era of MDM
- How utilities chose complimentary technologies
- Making the most of demand response on smart networks
- Smart metering for the environment
- Understanding and meeting the needs of the customer
- Separately bookable pre-conference seminars: “Home Area Networks (HAN) – an MBA workshop for the executive”… AND “Supporting retail settlements for smart metering” - a collaborative seminar with the SPi Group and Siemens IT Solutions & Services
Have a look at the website for updates: www.metering.com/canada
Do not miss the opportunity to sign up now as a delegate. For more information, contact Ryan Matthews on +27 21 700 3535 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org