Rising energy prices, global warming, power outages and load shedding are front page news in Africa, threatening industry leaders and consumers alike. But how do utilities ensure supply security for the future? Discuss which technologies can transform the “dumb grid” to a “smart grid”, making it more efficient and changing the way utilities deliver services.
SMART GRIDS AFRICA will educate participants on scenarios, strategies and the potential of the smart grid for Africa. Program topics include:
- Increasing demand and blackouts – how can the smart grid help?
- Understand how the smart grid supports revenue protection
- Compare communication technologies that make the grid smarter
- Attend a 2-day in-depth training ‘Smart Grid 101’, giving you the tools to implement the smart grid.
This two-day training seminar aims to implement a roadmap for utilities and is hosted by international utility expert Douglas Houseman of the Smart Energy Alliance. Contents include:
- Issues faced in the grid – losses, ageing infrastructure, theft of metals, increasing loads, maintenance, etc.
- Technology that is emerging – transformers, sensors, conductors, controls, switching, etc.
- How to marry technology to issues
- What are the issues each company faces – what is the most likely scenario that they will each confront?
- Where do utilities start – what are the first steps for each scenario that will provide them with the fastest return?
Smart Grids Africa attendees from South Africa will receive 3 CPD points from the South African Institute for Electrical Engineers.
Visit www.metering.com/smartgridsafrica to register, view the program or obtain additional information.
If you want your utility to be abreast of the latest information and technologies available this is one event you can not afford to miss!
Register now to guarantee your place! Only one week to go!