PQ Inspector Software is an easy-to-use software application for collecting power quality, electric service, and meter status information from Elster Electricity's ALPHA Plus® meters. It can also be used to configure the power quality monitor tests for the ALPHA Plus meter. PQ Inspector can be installed as a stand-alone application or as an add-on to a previously installed AlphaPlus™ software package. Meter communications occur directly through the optical port connection or remotely using a telephone modem or other supported communication method.
- Analysis of the meter's electric service type and phasor diagram
- Graphical and data analysis of harmonic distortion
- Data reporting from the power quality monitors (if enabled in the meter)
- Event log entry reporting
- Enables or disables the ALPHA Plus meter system service tests (on all ALPHA Plus meters)
- Sets or modifies thresholds within the meter (on ALPHA Plus meters with the optional PQM feature)