Brasilia, Brazil --- (METERING.COM) --- July 24, 2007 - Elektro and CFLO have been named as Brazil's Best Power Distribution Companies by the Brazilian Power Distribution Association (Associação Brasileira de Distribuidores de Energia Elétrica, Abradee).
Elektro, subsidiary of AEI, owner and operator of essential energy infrastructure assets in emerging markets worldwide, won the award in the category of over 400,000 customers.
CFLO (Companhia Força e Luz do Oeste), part of Grupo REDE, won the award in the category of less than 400,000 customers.
Other winners of individual categories were as follows:
Larger than 400,000 customers
- Social responsibility: Elektro
- Management quality: Energipe, Saelpa
- Customer service: Celesc, Elektro, Escelsa
- Operational performance: CPFL Paulista, Elektro
- Financial performance: CPFL Piratininga
- Evolution of performance: Escelsa
- Northeast: Coelce
- North/Central-west: Enersul
- Southeast: Elektro
- South: Celesc
Less than 400,000 customers
- Social responsibility: Cataguazes-Leopoldina
- Management quality: Cataguazes-Leopoldina
- Customer service: Vale do Paranapanema
- Evolution of performance: Caiuá
Jerson Kelman, director-general of the regulator, Agência Nacional de Energia Elétrica (Aneel) was named as the Personality of 2007.