The Governor’s office of the State of California has announced that it will participate in Smart Metering West Coast.
The representative, still to be named, will give the opening keynote address at the event, which will take place in Los Angeles from August 20-22, 2007.
Metering International's 2nd Smart Metering West Coast comes as the rollout of smart meters in the West Coast is gathering momentum, with projects underway and new projects in development. In California alone more than 17.5 million smart meters will be deployed over the next few years. Smart Metering West Coast will review progress to date and assess the road ahead.
Program highlights include:
- Home Area Networks … the methodologies and technologies
- Policy and regulatory drivers for smart metering in the West Coast
- Considerations and commercial drivers for smart metering strategies, standards and systems
- The roles of advanced metering in the evolution to an intelligent grid
- The future: Beyond smart metering: Where are we now and where are we going?
- Technology drivers for the smart utility
To qualify for an “early bird” discount of $100 on the registration fees, register online before June 30, 2007.