Brooks Ekstrom’s Polyphase Transformer Rated A to S adapter (PTR) can accommodate the latest meter-cabling requirements. The PTR features the industry’s best terminal block design and unitized surge-ground frame, and its dead –front safety shield provides an extra measure of safety.
Dead-front safety shield
- Jaws and connections are enclosed to prevent accidental contact with live parts.
- Chamfered guides line up meter blades for proper insertion into adapter jaws.
- Clear safety shields display all wire routing and connection potentials from jaw to terminal.
Industry’s best terminal block design
- Large current and potential terminal collars accept a wide range of wire sizes from #18 - #4 (or two #8 wires)
- Captive terminal collar screws.
- Potential and current collar screws are the same size and will accept a standard slotted screwdriver.
- All current and potential wire have the same 1/2-inch strip length.
- Wires are clamped between collar and terminal to prevent cutting strands when the screw is tightened.
Innovative potential jaws and connections
- Standard fast-on type connectors at all potential jaw positions can connect to potentials, KYZ connections or ground in the socket.
- Screw connection point with side support for stripped wires located at all potential jaw positions.
Unitized surge-ground system
- One piece surge-ground frame standard on all model with green #10 provided in ANSI-specified location.
Adapter shell-design features
- Tough, impact-resistant shell is molded of rugged, UL-recognized, recyclable polycarbonate with UV protection.
- Standard built-in cable slots provide easy egress for control and communication cables found on new meter designs. The slots allow cables to pass under the adapter rim and terminal covers into a sealed area.
- Tamper-resistant terminal cover design has anti-rotational barriers that, when used with a high-security ring, prevents the unauthorized removal of terminal cover or meter.
- Can be installed with the same mounting screws as the original A-base meter.