Safety concerns, old metering technology, AMR changeouts, and a desire to eliminate a single source for electric meters are driving many utility companies away from K-Base metering products. What’s a great way to convert existing single phase bolt-in K-Base installations?
The answer is the new LP K-4 Conversion Adapter from Brooks Ekstrom. It’s a great way to quickly and easily convert a self-contained K-4 meter enclosure to a socket type enclosure.
For increased safety the K-4 Conversion Adapter also features a dead-front safety shield for guiding the meter into its proper position. This adapter also incorporates large tin-plated conductors for improved current carrying capacity. The LP K-4 is rated at 320 amps continuous with a Class 320 meter and 200 amps continuous with a Class 200 meter.
The LP K-4 Conversion Adapter, from the Brooks UPG family of K-Base Conversion products.
- Dead-front safety shield for increased safety and proper blade alignment
- Tin-plated conductors like those found on the meter it replaces
- Large conductors for improved current-carrying capacity
- Replaces older, expensive bolt-in meters
- Rated at 320 amperes continuous with a Class 320 meter
- Rated at 200 amperes continuous with a Class 200 meter
- Designed to cover exposed uninsulated buss and studs enclosure
- Protects against accidental contact with live parts when the large and heavy enclosure cover is being installed or removed
- Fits directly over K-Base meter or K-Base meter Conversion Adapter
- Mounts on existing studs with insulating acorn-type nuts
- For outdoor applications where added water sealing is desired or necessary on any type of ringless meter socket
- Low cost
- Simple to install
- Will help prolong the life of the socket resulting from internal corrosion due to leakage around the meter
- LP-K4 - Single phase
- LP-K4-RJ - Single Phase with restricted jaw opening at position #3
- 81-4JH-SP3652 - Single phase, bottom fed