Pulsadis Ripple Control System
The principle of ripple control consists of superimposing a small signal at the ripple control frequency on the voltage network. Injection of the signals can be made either on MV or HV network at the transformer substations via the transmitter.
There are two injection modes; series or parallel, depending on ripple control frequency and network parameters.
The transmitter is composed of :
- A series or parallel coupling circuit for insulation towards the network and adaptation of the injection rate
- A generator producing the ripple control frequency with the necessary power
- A shunt circuit, short-circuiting the 50Hz during transmissions
- A control console issuing the control commands on a calendar basis or according to external events or from a dynamic load control program
- The system can be operated locally or in a centralised mode where a central console monitors different auxiliary consoles located in the substations.