DS3 / E3 / STS-1 Transceivers
The 78P7200L is a line interface transceiver IC for E3, DS3, STS-1, and ATM applications. It includes clock recovery and transmitter pulse shaping functions for applications using 75-ohm coaxial cable at distances up to 1100 feet. These applications include DSLAMs, T3/E3 digital multiplexers, SONET Add/Drop Multiplexers, PDH equipment, DS3 to Fiber optic and microwave modems, and ATM WAN access for routers and switches.
The receiver recovers clock, positive data and negative data from an AMI signal. It can compensate for over 12dB of cable and 6dB of flat loss. The transmitter generates a signal that meets the standard pulse shape requirements.
The 78P7200L is pin and functionally compatible to the 78P7200. It adds loop-back and clock polarity selection.
The 78P7200L is manufactured in an advanced BICMOS process and operates from a single 5V or 3.3 V power supply voltage. It consumes less than 110 mA of supply current.
- Single chip transmit and receive interface for E3, DS3 and STS-1 applications.
- Interface to 75 ohm coaxial cable over 1100 feet at speeds up to 51.84 Mbps.
- Compliant with ANSI T1.102-1993, Telcordia GR-499-CORE and GR-253-CORE, ITU-T G.703 and G.823 for jitter tolerance.
- Compliant with ATM FORUM af-phy-0034 (E3 public UNI) and af-phy-0054 (DS3 public UNI).
- Easily Interfaced to ATM framer ICs such as PMC 7345 , 7346 QJET and 7321.
- Unique clock recovery requires no reference clock or crystal oscillator.
- Receive DS3-high signal
- Includes diagnostic loop-back for AMI and digital signals.
- Pin compatible to 78P7200 and 78P2241B (28-lead PLCC).
- 28-lead PLCC and 48-lead TQFP packages
- 3.3 or 5 V operation, ICC<110mA
- Input circuit works either Transformer or Capacitor