Vancouver, BC, Canada --- (METERING.COM) --- November 6, 2009 City of Kingston utility Utilities Kingston has announced a partnership with asset management technology provider Fuseforward to develop a comprehensive “intelligent utility” solution to support all aspects of utility management, including customer relations and billing, operations, service and maintenance management, financial management and reporting, and performance analysis.
The development project is now underway and is scheduled for completion in 2011.
The “Intelligent Utility” solution, which will be based on Fuseforward’s Intelligent System Management platform, will provide functionality to:
- Manage customer relations, including acquisition, billing and disconnection.
- Track projects from planning through execution and completion, including design and construction.
- Manage work orders for emergency repairs and regular maintenance.
- Track financial information to ensure compliance with energy industry regulations, international financial reporting standards, and public sector accounting standards.
- Track and manage labor, contractors, tools and materials for construction, service and maintenance projects.
- Support smart metering systems and smart grid technologies.
- Report and analyze service and system performance data.
- Display all information in a spatial context using Geographic Information System (GIS) data.
- Enable system and service data to be accessed via mobile devices in the field.
“Complex asset intensive organizations such as utilities need ‘smarter’ solutions to help them manage their infrastructure, systems and services more efficiently and cost effectively, and the technologies to help them do this are now within reach,” said Mark Damm, CEO of Fuseforward. “We are excited to be working with a forward thinking partner such as UK to develop and market a next generation solution to support the ‘intelligent utility.’”
“We see great promise in the vision of the ‘intelligent utility’ and we believe that in Fuseforward, we’ve found a partner with the technology and the expertise required to bring this vision to reality,” said Jim Keech, CEO of Utilities Kingston.
Fuseforward has installed its Intelligent System Management platform at UK and is proceeding with integration and development of complementary components. The base “Intelligent Utility” solution is available now and will incorporate key components as they are released.
Fuseforward and UK will market the “Intelligent Utility” solution to end-user utilities in North America directly, through partners, and as a service to customers who choose to outsource back-office systems and support.