Atlanta, GA, USA --- (METERING.COM) --- August 15, 2006 – Chartwell Inc., has today announced the release of its latest research report Fostering Relationships with Mid-Size Businesses which, according to data collected, reveals that most utilities are striving to foster relationships with mid-size business customers through account management programs.
The data further reveals that in 2005 only 19% of utilities surveyed had a program to reach out to mid-size business customers, but this figure had risen to 30% by 2006.
According to the report, large investor-owned utilties are most likely to have programs for mid-size business customers – 27% offered them in 2005, and 58% in 2006. Growth was, however, noticeable across all utility types.
Other account management strategies that utilities have employed include:
- Specialized business customer contact centers
- Account management programs
- Development and specialized marketing of energy efficiency programs
- Web portals for business customers
- Communications tools, and
- Development of programs for special business customer segments.
The report further contains over 19 dedicated and detailed case studies on utilities, and totals over 114 pages.