Brussels, Belgium --- (METERING.COM) --- December 20, 2011 - The GRID+ program was launched recently in Europe to provide high level support to the Electricity Grid Initiative (EEGI) over the first three year phase to 2014.
The €3.94 million project brings together a team of top level players, including research centers, SMEs and universities, which will work in close coordination on the EEGI with the transmission and distribution operator associations ENTSO-e (European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity) and EDSO for SG (European Distribution Systems Operators for Smart Grids).
The EEGI is a research, development and demonstration program aimed to accelerate the development of smart grids in Europe.
The GRID+ program is coordinated by Ricerca sul Sistema Energetico (RSE SpA) of Italy.
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas (Spain)
- Bacher Energie (Switzerland)
- Association Europeenne de l'Industrie des Equipements et des Services de Transmission et de Distribution d'Electricite (Belgium)
- Technofi (France)
- Sintef Energi (Norway)
- Zabala Innovation Consulting (Spain)
- Österreichisches Forschungs- und Prüfzentrum Arsenal (Austria)
- Vlaamse Instelling voor Technologisch Onderzoek (Belgium)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium).
In addition to the early activities of the EEGI, five critical issues remain to be addressed – costs, benefits, KPIs, knowledge sharing and financing – which the GRID+ program will support.