Blanca Losada Martín is the Head of Electricity Distribution Business in Spain at Gas Natural Fenosa
Ms Martin's top 3 predictions for the power sector in 2015 are:
- Electricity demand from residential sector will increase pregressively and customers will have more information to manage their consumption more efficiently
- Big data will provide the key to a new and more powerful way of managing the grid
- Smart grid will be the enabler and cornerstone of distribution, generation and energy resources
About the Smart Grid Europe guide
The Top 40 Most Influential People in European Smart Grid is your exclusive directory of the movers and shakers in Europe’s smart grid sector.
These key stakeholders are driving the development of smart grid by the roles they play within their organisations or industry associations; through the technology they champion; or the policies they develop.
The Top 40 list includes:
- Laurent Schmitt, Vice President for Strategy and Innovation, Alstom Grid and President of Smart Grids France
- Michele de Nigris, Director T&D Technologies, Ricerca sul Sistema Energetico SpA
- Ronnie Belmans, Executive Director of Global Smart Grid Federation, CEO of EnergyVille, Professor at KU Leuven, Belgium
- Joao Torres, Chief Executive Officer, EDP Distribuicao, Portugal
- Manuel Sanchez Jimenez, Team Leader Smart Grids European Commission, Directorate General for Energy, Belgium
- Per-Olof Granstrom, Former Secretary General, European Distribution System Operators for Smart Grids, Belgium
- Maher Chebbo, Vice President, Head of EMEA Energy & Natural Resources, SAP, Germany
- Andreas Umbach, Chief Executive Officer, Landis & Gyr, Switzerland
- Livio Gallo, Head of the Global Infrastructure and Networks business line, Enel Distribuzione, Finland
- Philip E. Lewis, CEO & Founder, VaasaETT, Italy
- Jessica Stromback, Executive Director, Smart Energy Demand Coalition, Belgium
- Christian Buchel, Deputy CEO and Chief Digital and International Officer, ERDF, France
Metering & Smart Energy International produced this guide in consultation with our advisory board including Ronnie Belmans, Executive Director: Global Smart Grid Federation; Kris van Daele, President: Smart Grid Flanders; Joana Abreu Jackson Communications and Policy Officer: EDSO for Smart Grids; Helle Juhler-Verdoner, Managing Director: Danish Intelligent Energy Alliance, Laurent Schmitt, President: Smart Grids France, Paddy Turnbull, Chair: Global Smart Grid Federation and Smart Grid Ireland.