San Ramon, CA, U.S.A –-- (METERING.COM) --- May 20, 2008
The official certification of 19 products using the ZigBee® Smart Energy public application profile has been announced by the ZigBee Alliance, a global ecosystem of companies creating wireless solutions for use in energy management, commercial and consumer applications.
This first group of products provides a broad range of services designed to help utility companies worldwide implement new home area networks for managing energy, helps consumers improve their own energy efficiency and delivers multi-vendor product interoperability.
The products, which may wear the ZigBee logo so that they may be easily identified in the marketplace, are:
- Cellnet+Hunt - FOCUS AX endpoint is an advanced metering endpoint that provides two-way communication with the utility, meter and home-area networks
- Ember - Smart Energy Application is a complete reference implementation of each of the device types, clusters, and security functions, enabling easy customization by device manufacturers to allow rapid development and certification of their products
- Itron® - OpenWay™ CENTRON® advanced electricity meters provide highly accurate electricity measurement and support two-way communications between utilities and homes, including home area networks
- Itron® - OpenWay™ gas module accurately measures natural gas consumption and supports two-way communication with the Itron OpenWay CENTRON meter for meter reading and remote programming
- Tendril - Outlet is a three-prong electrical outlet, for use in any standard home outlet, that monitors and controls the energy consumption of any electrical appliance while offering Internet or in-home display tracking
- Alektrona - Z-Aperture™ is a broadband energy service portal providing Internet connectivity for demand response/load control, submetering, and other energy management services
- Computime Limited - CTW200 is a thermostat that monitors, controls and displays energy consumption and rate information while supporting all standard HVAC systems and two stage heat pumps
- Computime Limited - CTW300 is an in home display with a large dot matrix screen for users to monitor energy rate and consumption information in residences
- Comverge™ - DCU™ offers a wide range of functionality, from individual addressing to adaptive algorithms and is compatible with popular air conditioning units, water heaters, pool pumps, and other auxiliary appliances
- Comverge™ - SuperStat® is a smart thermostat offering both utilities and end users programmable and energy efficient control that operates with popular heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems while offering web based features
- Energate - Pioneer Z100 is a smart thermostat incorporating next generation technology beyond the features found on today’s most sophisticated thermostats and provides unparalleled performance with an exceptional user interface
- Greenbox Technology - Greenbox™ is a web-based interactive energy management platform enabling households to better understand and manage their energy and water usage, while saving money and reducing their carbon footprint
- LS Industrial Systems - LK Series single phase and poly-phase electric meters are intelligent, fully featured, and revenue grade solid state energy meters with integrated two-way communications supporting many standards
- National Technical Systems (NTS) – Smart Energy Test Harness is a complete reference application emulating all types of ZigBee Smart Energy devices that automates the execution of the complete certification suite needed to achieve certification
- PRI - Home Energy Controller monitors and displays electricity and gas consumption from any meter and provides cost information on a customer friendly display
- PRI - Single and poly-phase multi rate meters offer optional load control switches and a variety of power ratings to suit any market
- Trilliant™ - SecureMesh™ Micro Access Portal is independent from the meter and can be embedded in any end-point device including thermostats, in-home displays, appliance controllers or meters and is part of the Trilliant SecureMesh AMI network
- Wireless Glue Networks – GSF Smart Energy Device Simulator models and tests ZigBee Smart Energy devices on ZigBee PRO platforms including Texas Instrument Z-Stack and Ember ZNET and also supports active device on Daintree Networks' SNA.
"These ZigBee Smart Energy products are an affordable and easy way to improve energy efficiency around the world and reduce the environmental impact of energy consumption," says Bob Heile, chairman of the ZigBee Alliance.
ZigBee Smart Energy enables wireless communication between utility companies and common household devices such as smart thermostats and appliances. It improves energy efficiency by allowing consumers to manage their energy consumption more precisely using automation and near real-time information while having the ability to choose from a large global ecosystem of companies supplying interoperable products. It also helps utility companies implement new advanced metering and demand response programs to drive greater energy management and efficiency, while responding to changing government requirements.