The Enhanced Function Option Board, when added to the A3 ALPHA® meter, increases the meter's revenue billing capabilities, adds load profile recording, and enables remote communications with the meter. The option board enables A3 ALPHA meter programmability for non-standard metering functions.
- Multi-quadrant metering permits meters to measure up to four different quantities of real and reactive power
- Load profile recording enables meters to record interval by interval metering data for an entire billing period (up to four different channels of data with the -A or -AL version)
- Exponential demand option calculates demand on a logarithmic curve similar to thermal demand
- Real and reactive optical pulse testing (A1R and A1K) permits echo test pulses of both real and reactive energy measurements
- Collection and display of various sets of metered quantities to suit specific customer requirements.
- Remote communication (when combined with an internal modem option board, external serial communications option board or a 20 mA current loop option board)